March 'Party Time' Newsletter
As we begin to turn the corner into spring, the Training & Party Affairs Department has been hard at work, putting together tools and strategies to help you build in this odd year – as we all know, there are no “off” years here in the Minnesota DFL! This month, we are unveiling two big resources to help you make the most of your organizing:
Project BLUE is here!
Last night we launched Project BLUE (Building Local Unit Engagement), our new strategy for working in partnership with all of you to help strengthen and grow our party units! The program is rooted in a collaborative model with units grouped into cohorts with other units facing similar goals and challenges. In these cohorts, we will tackle the issues and questions you have, talk about what you’re working on and how it’s going, and provide helpful tools and trainings specific to what you are working on now.
Organizing Units will automatically be enrolled into a cohort, but Endorsing Units, Congressional Districts, Community Caucuses, and Outreach Organizations are all welcome to join as well!
Here’s how to get started:
- If you missed last night’s launch event, no worries! We posted a recording at dfl.org/projectblue (password: blue). Check it out so you can learn more about what is in store!
- Fill out the party unit survey at dfl.org/projectblue (password: blue) by March 12 to let us know what would be most helpful for your unit as the program begins! Multiple survey responses from units are welcome and encouraged! We want as many insights and perspectives as possible.
Visit www.dfl.org/projectblue (password: blue) to get started!
Introducing: Second Sunday Skills Training!
Each month, the Second Sunday course will cover the foundational skills needed to run a party unit effectively. They will provide regular opportunities for new and old party leaders to refine their skills and share best practices.
Join us on March 12th, 2023, for our first installment – Party Officers: Build to Win. We’ll introduce the program and walk through making a unit plan. We’ll set specific goals for your unit and think through strategies for implementation. Learn how to Sign Up Here.
Second Sunday Skills Training Schedule:
- Party Officers: Build to Win – March 12, 2023, & August 13, 2023
- Growing Your Organization – April 9, 2023, & September 10, 2023
- Communicating Your Message – May 14, 2023, & October 8, 2023
- Developing Your Fundraising – July 9, 2023, & November 12, 2023
Officer’s Corner: Job specific updates and a monthly challenge!
This month, we have just two challenges for all officers:
- Watch the Project BLUE launch video and take the party unit survey at dfl.org/projectblue (password: blue)
- Sign up for at least one Second Sunday Skills Training
As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].
Sonja & Laurie
Your Training & Party Affairs Team