DFL Party Welcomes Dr. Jill Biden & HHS Secretary Becerra to Minnesota
DFL Party Chairman Ken Martin released the following statement welcoming First Lady Dr. Jill Biden and Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra to Minnesota tomorrow to highlight the American Rescue Plan’s investment in childcare:
“I am thrilled that Minnesotans will have the opportunity to hear from Dr. Biden and Secretary Becerra about the work the Biden administration is doing to lower costs for working families. The COVID-19 pandemic posed serious challenges to childcare providers and families across Minnesota, but President Biden’s American Rescue Plan helped save our struggling childcare system and give providers the tools they need to keep our state running.
“It is a shame that every single Republican voted against lowering costs for Minnesota families and supporting our childcare providers.”
- The American Rescue Plan invested $550 million in Minnesota’s childcare system.
- $304 million of those funds will be invested directly in childcare providers by means of stabilization grants.
- $241 million of those funds will be used to boost the Child Care Assistance Program, which helps low income families pay for childcare services.
- During 2021, the U.S. economy grew at its fastest rate since 1984 thanks to President Biden, Congressional Democrats, and their American Rescue Plan.
- 6.4 million jobs were created during President Biden’s first year in office, the highest for any President in history.