MN DFL Disability Caucus
We are DFL members and members of Minnesota’s Disability Communities.
- We advise and advocate for full inclusion of people with disabilities within every aspect of Minnesota life, including within all aspects of the DFL Party.
- We include people with disabilities, family and friends, advocates and allies.
- We include DFL volunteers, staffers, candidates, and elected officials.
- We share news and information about disability issues and communities.
- We show up for legislative action in our local units and at the Capitol.
- We screen and endorse DFL candidates for state-level and national elections.
- We volunteer with DFL campaigns and issue advocacy.
- In solidarity with other DFL-DC Community Caucuses and Outreach Organizations, we see and respond to intersectional issues for people with disabilities who also carry BIPOC and/or LGBTQA+ identities.
The DFL-DC does not handle ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATIONS for individuals attending DFL meetings, caucuses, conventions, or other events. For that, please see the DFL Party Affairs page at https://dfl.org/accommodations/ or email [email protected] or call the ACCOMMODATIONS HOTLINE at 651-251-6380.
We have no authority to provide or manage accessibility accommodations; but if you have difficulty accessing reasonable accommodations through DFL Party Affairs and your local unit, please contact us at [email protected] and we will try to assist if possible.
We meet monthly, usually at 2 PM on the 4th Sunday of the month. All meetings are on Zoom and include CART real-time transcription (live captioning). Meetings are open and everyone is welcome. We invite members to join the Legislative, Accessibility, Outreach, Constitution and Endorsement committees. Annual dues are $10 [PAY HERE ONLINE] but anyone can ask for a dues waiver by emailing us at [email protected]
Our Upcoming Events
Kari Sheldon, Chair & Bridget Siljander, Vice Chair
See All DFL EventsGo
Here you can find some recommendations as well as resources on planning unit events.Visit
DFL Party Documents
Here you can find the DFL Constitution, Official Call, Platform, and Action Agenda.Visit
Here you can find a list of the current DFL Staff as well as their emails to get in contact. Here are some key contacts emails: Party Affairs Questions - [email protected] Training Questions - [email protected] VAN Questions - [email protected] PCR Questions - [email protected]Visit
VAN/VoterFile Training Materials
Training and resources on how to use VAN.Visit
Outreach & Inclusion Grant Application - Word