VOTER PROTECTION HOTLINE VOLUNTEER
Sign-up to serve as a DFL Voter Protection Hotline Volunteer
Minnesota voters call the DFL Voter Protection Hotline – 833-DFL-VOTE – for a wide variety of reasons, from asking for information (e.g., how to register to vote, where to vote, when to vote), to reporting incidents (e.g., long waiting lines, lack of ADA compliance, inappropriate demands to see identification, etc.), and everything in between. We need volunteers who will train on these different scenarios and take calls from our call center located at DFL Headquarters in Saint Paul. The hotline is accepting calls now.
No previous experience is necessary. You will receive training, materials, and supervision while at our call center. Training times and locations TBD.
Responsibilities and expectations of the job:
– You must have access to a smartphone and laptop that you can use while taking calls
– You must sign up online in advance for shifts at the call center
– You must go through on-site training before you begin taking calls
This job is for you if:
– You can commit to working as many shifts as you would like. During peak times, shifts are available in the morning, day, evenings, and on weekends. Sign up online in advance for shifts.
– You are committed to protecting the vote of every eligible Minnesotan voter.
– You have a customer service mentality and a commitment to helping every voter who calls.
– You are a problem solver and critical thinker.
– You want to be in a room with other volunteers committed to protecting the vote.