State Central Committee
The DFL State Central Committee
The State Central Committee (SCC) is the governing body of the Minnesota DFL Party between State Conventions, which occur every two years. The central committee meets three to four times a year. Its membership includes the State Executive Committee, 50 at-large members, ten elected officials, the chairs and vice-chairs of each senate district, and representatives elected from local party units. The State Central Committee operates under the party’s official documents and the State Central Committee Standing Rules. For matters not covered by those rules, the State Central Committee is governed by Robert’s Rules of Order.
The next SCC meeting will be held on Saturday, August 13, 2022, as a Virtual Meeting.
Committee members and alternates will receive official notice of the meeting, including location and time, the agenda, and other materials in advance of the meeting.
The committee’s duties
– Meet to consider Party business, approve the annual budget, conduct training, and resolve Party issues.
– Reconvene an adjourned State Convention
– Grant charters to DFL outreach organizations and endorsement power to DFL community caucuses
– Modify the Action Agenda
– Fill vacancies for positions elected by the State Convention or Business Conference
– If necessary between conventions, endorse candidates for statewide office
Membership consists of representatives from local party units, the State Executive Committee, 50 at-large members, ten elected officials, and the chairs and vice-chairs from each district.
Members and alternates will receive an official notice of State Central Committee meetings by mail unless they have opted to receive electronic meeting notices. Members and alternates should contact the Party Affairs staff ([email protected]) to receive future meeting notices by email, which saves the Party time and money.