State Central Committee
The DFL State Central Committee
The State Central Committee (SCC) is the governing body of the Minnesota DFL Party between State Conventions, which occur every two years. The central committee meets three to four times a year. Its membership includes the State Executive Committee, 50 at-large members, ten elected officials, the chairs and vice-chairs of each senate district, and representatives elected from local party units. The State Central Committee operates under the party’s official documents and the State Central Committee Standing Rules. For matters not covered by those rules, the State Central Committee is governed by Robert’s Rules of Order.
The next SCC meeting/2023 Business Conference will be held on Saturday, February 11th, 2023 at Minnesota State University – Moorhead in Moorhead, Minnesota. The meeting will call to order at 10:30 AM.
The event will be held in the Hansen Theatre at the Roland Dille Center for the Arts: 801 13th Street S, Moorhead, MN 56563.
The closest parking lot to the theatre is lot R6. The venue and lot R6 are circled on the map below. Parking in this lot is free on the weekends.
Committee members and alternates will receive official notice of the meeting, including location and time, the agenda, and other materials in advance of the meeting.
Documents for 2023 Business Conference and February SCC:
Hotels in the Fargo/Moorhead Area (all wheelchair accessible):
- Microtel Inn & Suites: 2915 12th Street S, Moorhead, MN. 218-284-4022
- Ramada by Wyndham Fargo: 3333 13th Avenue S, Fargo, ND. 701-235-3333
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham: 2355 46th Street S, Fargo, ND. 701-499-2000
- Jasper Hotel: 210 Broadway N, Fargo, ND. 701-532-2150
- Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites: 1767 44th Street S, Fargo, ND. 701-282-2143
The committee’s duties
– Meet to consider Party business, approve the annual budget, conduct training, and resolve Party issues.
– Reconvene an adjourned State Convention
– Grant charters to DFL outreach organizations and endorsement power to DFL community caucuses
– Modify the Action Agenda
– Fill vacancies for positions elected by the State Convention or Business Conference
– If necessary between conventions, endorse candidates for statewide office
Membership consists of representatives from local party units, the State Executive Committee, 50 at-large members, ten elected officials, and the chairs and vice-chairs from each district.
Members and alternates will receive an official notice of State Central Committee meetings by mail unless they have opted to receive electronic meeting notices. Members and alternates should contact the Party Affairs staff ([email protected]) to receive future meeting notices by email, which saves the Party time and money.