Back to Press Section
Scott Jensen to Speak at Anti-Vax Summit This Weekend
Jensen will be sharing the stage with the country’s leading COVID-19 conspiracy theorists
On Saturday, September 25th, Scott Jensen will be a featured speaker at the anti-vaccine Global Health Freedom Summit. This event is just the latest example of Jensen’s habit of appearing at anti-vaccine events and speaking alongside notorious anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists.
At the Global Health Freedom Summit, Jensen will be sharing the stage with a group of prominent liars and anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists, including:
- Del Bigtree – the founder of the anti-vaccine Informed Consent Action Network and one of America’s leading anti-vaccine activists who frequently spreads misinformation around the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Dr. Sherry Tenpenny – one of the “disinformation dozen,” 12 individuals responsible for the majority of the anti-vaccine disinformation spread online. Tenpenny has claimed vaccines cause autism, asthma, ADHD, and auto-immune disorders, that the COVID-19 vaccine makes people “magnetized”, causes infertility, and contains a microchip.
- Dr. Bob Zajac – an anti-vaccine doctor and associate of Del Bigtree who was recently sanctioned by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice for engaging in “unethical or improper conduct” by telling parents that childhood vaccination is not safe.
- Dr. Joel Bohémier – an anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist who has claimed the COVID-19 vaccine will allow the government to track people via a microchip and that vaccines cause autism.
- Dr. Larry Palevsky – an anti-vaccine activist who urged parents not to vaccinate their children during a measles outbreak and claimed that the COVID-vaccinated are spreading “something” to the unvaccinated and must be quarantined.
- Leah Wilson – the executive director of the anti-vaccine group Stand for Health Freedom, who another anti-vax event described as believing that “the single most important issue affecting child welfare in America today is the vaccine program.”
DFL Party Communications Director Brian Evans released the following statement:
“Let’s not mince words: Scott Jensen is an anti-vaxxer. Only an anti-vaxxer would share a stage with notorious liars like Sherry “Vaccines Magnetize You” Tenpenny, only an anti-vaxxer would legitimize conspiracy theorists who say vaccines cause autism and contain microchips, and only an anti-vaxxer would sue to stop children from being vaccinated. Jensen does not support health freedom, he opposes the single best tool we have to bring this pandemic to an end: vaccination.”
“Jensen has spent the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic spreading dangerous disinformation claiming it’s “medical advice” – putting Minnesotans at serious risk. Our state deserves leaders they can trust and that is not Scott Jensen.”