Minnesota DFL Party Announces Congressional Endorsements
Today, the Minnesota DFL Party announced its endorsements for the United States House of Representatives.
The following candidates earned the DFL Party’s endorsement by winning the support of at least 60% of delegates to the DFL Party’s virtual congressional district conventions. Online balloting took place from May 16th to May 23rd.
DFL Party Endorsed Candidates for the United States House of Representatives
- 1st Congressional District: Dan Feehan
- 2nd Congressional District: Representative Angie Craig
- 3rd Congressional District: Representative Dean Phillips
- 4th Congressional District: Representative Betty McCollum
- 5th Congressional District: Representative Ilhan Omar
- 6th Congressional District: Tawnja Zahradka
- 7th Congressional District: Representative Collin Peterson
- 8th Congressional District: Quinn Nystrom
The DFL Party-endorsed candidates for Congress will be addressing the public during the 2020 DFL Party State Convention on Sunday, May 31st, beginning at 3:00 PM. Those interested in attending can tune in at Facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL and Youtube.com/MinnesotaDFL.
DFL Party Chairman Ken Martin released the following statement:
“The Minnesota DFL Party has endorsed a talented and diverse array of candidates for the United States House of Representatives. By fielding a slate of candidates with experience, name-recognition, and records of standing up and advocating for the people of Minnesota, the DFL Party is well-positioned to build on the gains we made in 2018.
“The DFL Party is a big tent party and Minnesotans running for Congress under our party banner reflect that. From business owners to veterans, teachers to health care advocates, our candidates come from many different walks of life but share a common goal: to improve the lives of Minnesotans everywhere.”