Back to Press Section
ICYMI: Kim Crockett accuses immigrants of selling votes to fund terrorism
Crockett also implied immigrants and voter fraud are inherently linked
Late last week, Heartland Signal uncovered an interview that Kim Crockett gave where she accused Somali immigrants of selling their votes and using the money to fund Al-Shabaab, a terrorist organization in Somalia.
In the 2020 interview, Crockett also implied that voter fraud and immigrants are inherently linked. After Crockett accused immigrants of selling ballots to fund terrorism, she told the Rhode Island radio station that “my impression is that Rhode Island’s got its own immigrant population, and you might be having some of the same problems here.”
Crockett was previously suspended from her job in 2019 for making racist comments about immigrants.
“Kim Crockett accusing immigrants of selling their votes to fund terrorism is as absurd as it is offensive,” said DFL Party Chairman Ken Martin. “By falling for and helping promote racist misinformation, Kim Crockett has once again demonstrated that she is not fit to hold office. Minnesota’s immigrant communities deserve better than a Secretary of State that will fight for them, not baselessly attack and slander them.”
In Case You Missed It:
Heartland Signal: Kim Crockett accused immigrants of selling ballots fund designated terrorist organization in 2020
– During a 2020 interview on a radio show in Rhode Island, now-Minnesota Secretary of State candidate Kim Crockett (R) accused Somali immigrants in Minneapolis of selling ballots to fund the al-Shabaab terrorist group.
– “Because if you watch the second project veritas video, he talks about how the money that these ballot harvesters are getting to buy votes in Minneapolis are sending that cash as buy-off money to Al-Shabaab down in Somalia,” said Crockett.
– Crockett’s source for this information is a heavily debunked video from the far-right activist group Project Veritas. In the video, Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe accused allies of U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) of a ballot harvesting scheme in which blank mail in ballots were being sold for cash. Researchers at Stanford University called this video a “great example of what a coordinated disinformation campaign looks like: pre-seeding the ground and then simultaneously hitting from a bunch of different accounts at once.”
– Crockett went on to imply that wherever there are immigrants, there is a chance of widespread voter fraud.
– “Now my impression is that Rhode Island’s got its own immigrant population, and you might be having some of the same problems here,” Crockett said.