DFL Party Welcomes President Biden to Minnesota
Today, DFL Party Ken Martin released the following statement welcoming President Biden to Minnesota:
DFL Party Chairman Ken Martin released the following statement:
“I could not be more excited to welcome President Joe Biden to the great state of Minnesota. A little over one year ago, Minnesotans voted for President Biden in the hope he could break through the partisan nonsense in D.C. and get things done. Despite being in office for less than a year, President Biden has already delivered for Minnesotans everywhere.
“His American Rescue Plan put millions of shots in arms, saving countless lives across our state, and it put money in the pockets of hard-working Minnesotans in the form of direct payments and child tax credits. Now, President Biden’s infrastructure law is set to create good-paying jobs across Minnesota by repairing our roads and bridges, upgrading our broadband, and replacing dangerous lead pipes. I am glad Minnesotans will have the opportunity to hear directly from the President about how his historic infrastructure law will improve their daily lives.”
Minnesota is set to receive the following from the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act:
- $4.5 billion for federal-aid highway apportioned programs and $302 million for bridge replacement and repairs over five years.
- More than $818 million over five years to improve public transportation options across the state.
- $100 million to help provide broadband coverage across the state, including providing access to the at least 83,000 Minnesotans who currently lack it.
- Also, 1,071,000 or 18.9% of people in Minnesota will be eligible for the Affordability Connectivity Benefit, which will help low-income families afford internet access.
- $680 million over five years to improve water infrastructure across the state and ensure that clean, safe drinking water is a right in all communities.