Back to Press Section
DFL Party Statement on President Biden’s Build Back Better Framework
Today, DFL Party Chairman Ken Martin released the following statement on President Biden’s newly unveiled Build Back Better framework:
“I am thrilled to see President Biden roll out an agenda that will help create millions of good-paying jobs, combat the climate crisis, and support working families across America. After four years of Donald Trump’s broken promises and failure, the American people elected President Biden to deliver for them and that’s exactly what the Build Back Better Framework does.
“President Biden’s plan offers universal and free preschool for all 3 and 4-year-olds, cuts taxes for working-class Americans and families with children, invests significantly in green energy, and lowers health care costs for millions. The Build Back Better Framework will be a gamechanger for so many people across the nation, and it’s all paid for by asking the wealthy to pay their fair share.
“With this historic framework and President Biden’s infrastructure deal, Democrats will help rebuild the American middle class and deal working families back into the economy. I cannot wait for Congress to get this agenda passed.”
President Biden’s Build Back Better Framework:
- Offers universal and free preschool for all 3- and 4-year-olds, the largest expansion of universal and free education since states and communities across the country established public high school 100 years ago.
- Makes the largest investment in child care in the nation’s history, saving most American families more than half of their spending on child care.
- Provides 39 million households up to $3,600 (or $300 per month) in tax cuts per child by extending the American Rescue Plan’s expanded Child Tax Credit.
- Extends the expanded Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) for around 17 million low-wage workers.
- Ensures clean energy technology – from wind turbine blades to solar panels to electric cars – will be built in the United States with American made steel and other materials, creating hundreds of thousands of good jobs here at home.
- Strengthens the Affordable Care Act and reduces premiums for 9 Million Americans.
Click here for more information on President Biden’s Build Back Better Framework.