Back to Press Section
As Failed Candidate Tyler Kistner Prepares to Launch His Second Misguided Campaign, Here Are the 5 Questions He Must Answer
This evening, failed candidate Tyler Kistner will announce he’s running for Congress again, only months after voters in Minnesota’s 2nd Congressional district rejected his far-right agenda.
While Kistner will likely try to whitewash his disastrous record of standing in lockstep with his party on everything from gutting the law that protects health care coverage for 307,800 people in MN-02 with pre-existing conditions to his support for lining the pockets of the wealthiest 1% — the facts show he’d be a threat to working families.
Here are five questions Kistner must answer:
- Even as the vast majority of Minnesotans supported it, why was Kistner *against* $1,400 of relief for 2.4 million Minnesota households, ramping up vaccinations, and getting students back in school?
- What was Kistner’s involvement in Minnesota Republicans’ dirty tricks scheme to pay third-party candidates to run — what did he know and when did he know it?
- Why did Kistner promote COVID misinformation and conspiracies by encouraging the use of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug associated with increased virus deaths?
- Will Kistner condemn House Republicans’ far-right extremism including embracing multiple open followers of Q-Anon conspiracy theories?
- Why won’t Kistner speak out against Republicans’ “Big Lie” which led an insurrectionist, violent mob to attack the U.S. Capitol?
“Minnesotans already rejected failed candidate Tyler Kistner because they know he’d be a rubber stamp for House Republicans’ toxic agenda of lining the pockets of the wealthiest 1%, and leaving working families behind,” said DFL Chairman Ken Martin. “Kistner has made clear exactly who he is, which is why voters will re-elect Congresswoman Angie Craig who has always delivered results and been an independent voice for Minnesota’s 2nd district.”