Itasca County DFL is a local unit of Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party of Minnesota and supports USA Congressional District 8, MN Senate Districts 2, 3, 6, and 7, and MN House Districts 2B, 3A, 6A, and 7A.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.itascacountydfl.org
Itasca County DFL includes a progressive caucus, veterans caucus, and outdoor sporting club. Weekly events are 1st Wednesday/Noon Pizza Social, 2nd Wednesday/Food Bank Team, 3rd Wednesday/Potluck Supper. The monthly Central Committee Meeting is on the 4th Monday and is in-person and via zoom (hybrid).
The Itasca DFL supports and elects leaders who embody the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party and the people of Minnesota. We work to enact policies so that all Minnesotans, regardless of background, have the rights of: stable employment, fair wages, quality education, accessible and affordable healthcare, living in safe communities, providing for their family, and retiring with dignity and security.
VISIT OUR HEADQUARTERS
809 NE 4th Street, Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Headquarters open Thursdays from 2 until 5 pm.
Your participation is important. Your input is important. You can make a difference. Here are some ideas:
- Educate yourself on issues you care about:
- Borrow books and CDs from Itasca County DFL library,
- Watch Free Speech TV,
- Listen to progressive radio.
- Share your interests and talents with others:
- Don’t hide your opinions! Speak up; let others know you are a Democrat. Be proud to be a Democrat!
- Follow and comment on social media as a Democrat,
- Display DFL promotional items while in public,
- Find a DFL activity that matches your interests, skills, and time commitments.
Participate in DFL activities:
- Attend candidate forums, town hall meetings, pizza socials and potlucks, and fundraising events.
- Donate items and funds to support the party.
- Staff the office during open hours,
- Host the pizza social or potluck gathering,
- Help at the county fair and tabling at community events,
- Commit to a candidate’s campaign with door knocking and phone calling,
- Offer to carpool,
- Take photographs and videos.
- March in a community parade.
- Volunteer your time and talents to the party.Be a director and/or officer; be an assistant to an officer,
- Chair a fundraising committee or be a committee member; develop a donor list,
- Chair a marketing committee or be a committee member; design promotional items,
- Chair a communication committee or be a committee member with your media preference (newspaper, website, digital social media, email newsletter, television),
- Recruit and develop sustaining volunteers,
- Organize a Get-Out-The-Vote campaign,
- Be a Supply Superintendent: shop and maintain supplies for the office, projects, and events; know the inventory.
- Be a Sign Superintendent: Inventory and install campaign signs,
- Enable childcare at DFL events when requested.
See All DFL EventsGo
Here you can find some recommendations as well as resources on planning unit events.Visit
DFL Party Documents
Here you can find the DFL Constitution, Official Call, Platform, and Action Agenda.Visit
Here you can find a list of the current DFL Staff as well as their emails to get in contact. Here are some key contacts emails: Party Affairs Questions - [email protected] Training Questions - [email protected] VAN Questions - [email protected] PCR Questions - [email protected]Visit