Senate DFL Communications Director
Full Time Election Cycle
Location: St. Paul, MN
Salary: $5,000-6,000/month depending on experience
How to apply: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and we intend to fill the position as soon as possible. Please send a resume, three short writing samples, and three references to Caucus Director Megan Hondl at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Director” as the subject line.
Roles and responsibilities:
The Communications Director will be responsible for the creation and execution of the Senate DFL Caucus’s communications program, including, but not limited to:
- Writing press releases, email blasts, media advisories, talking points, and speeches for candidates and the Caucus;
- Helping candidates develop and execute district-specific campaign communications plans, including press, messaging, and social media;
- Organizing candidate strategy sessions on messaging, both individually and in groups;
- Advising candidates on press requests, interviews, and anything else media-related;
- Managing and/or guiding candidates’ social media presence;
- Monitoring and analyzing editorial and news coverage of candidates and their opponents;
- And developing overarching communications strategies to achieve the Caucus’s goals.
The ideal candidate for this position has three years/cycles of campaign or political communications experience, a working knowledge of public policy issues in Minnesota, and excellent oral and written communication skills. They also have experience with various forms of social media, and the ability to shoot and edit photographs and video. Experience in Minnesota is a plus, but not required. Must be willing to relocate to Minnesota.
The Minnesota Senate DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The Minnesota Senate DFL is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.