The Minnesota DFL is hiring a Political Director to work on behalf of state and local candidates with a strong focus on re–electing Attorney General Keith Ellison. The Political Director will work closely with AG Ellison, allies, and grasstops leaders to build political events that support direct voter contact on behalf of DFL candidates across the state, with a strong focus on engaging communities of color.
Compensation: $4,000 – $5,000/mo, depending on experience
Term of Employment: This is a temporary position available immediately and continuing through the November election on 11/8/2022.
- Manage and strengthen political relationships with allies, elected officials, candidates and supporters
- Plan and execute political outreach events in coordination with the organizing team
- Plan and execute earned media outreach events in coordination with the communications team
- Staff candidate and surrogate events
- Manage political calltime priorities and staff calltime as needed
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both in person and via computer/phone.
- Sees diversity as an asset, and equity and inclusion are core values
- Cultural Competency – able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI and across lines of difference.
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Access to a reliable vehicle. Travel will be required.
- Ability to work remotely with access to the internet, and work long or irregular hours.
- Previous campaign and/or organizing experience is excellent, but not required.
- An understanding of the Minnesota political landscape is a plus
To Apply: Please email a resume to Brayden Sorenson at [email protected] with the subject line “Political Director Application.” Position is available immediately.
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and members of other traditionally underrepresented and marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.