Minnesota Senate DFL: Field Organizer
Full Time Election Cycle
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus (Democratic Party) is hiring multiple Field Organizer positions for the 2020 election cycle. Field Organizers lead voter contact efforts in assigned districts throughout the state in support of Senate DFL candidates and members. Ideal candidates are passionate, motivated, creative, and hungry to elect Democrats to state-level office. These positions report to the Deputy Field Director.
About the Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is committed to working together to build the state all Minnesotans deserve with high-quality education, affordable and accessible health care, and increasing support for working families. The values we share bring our communities together and serve as a guide for how we make our state work better for all of us, no matter what we look like or where we come from.
Democrats are only two seats away from winning a majority in the Minnesota Senate. We are building out our grassroots team to lead us to victory in 2020 so we can deliver on our shared values around community, opportunity, justice, and equality.
- Recruit and mobilize volunteers in support of DFL candidates
- Lead Direct Voter Contact (DVC) efforts within assigned district, including door-to-door canvassing and phone banking
- Prep canvassing materials and implement comprehensive training for campaign volunteers
- Work with candidates and campaign teams to meet deadlines and voter contact goals
- Data entry and VAN database management
- Submit regular qualitative and quantitative reports to the direct supervisor
- Clearly communicate needs, problem areas, and successes throughout the campaign to direct supervisor through daily feedback meetings and weekly check-ins
- Create a professional, enthusiastic, and inclusive work environment among volunteers and campaign teams
- Other campaign-related tasks and duties as assigned, as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly motivated and committed to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor party, our members, and our candidates
- Ability to learn and work with database systems
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced and demanding but fulfilling environment which includes evening and weekend hours
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and excellence-focused
- Sound judgment and political savvy
- Must possess a laptop and valid driver’s license along with access to a reliable car
This is a full-time position requiring a commitment through Election Day in November 2020. These positions are based in field offices throughout the state and we will work with prospective staff on appropriate placement.
Compensation is $3250 per month with a competitive benefit package included.
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. This position is open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning April 1, 2020