Minnesota House DFL - Hmong Community Organizer
Full Time Election Cycle
Overview: The Minnesota House DFL is hiring a full-time Hmong Community Organizer for the 2022 election cycle. The Hmong Community Organizer will work with candidates and legislators running for the Minnesota House of Representatives to engage and mobilize the Hmong community. The Hmong Community Organizer will report directly to the Field Director. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, creative problem solvers, with campaign related experience, and who are passionate about protecting and expanding our DFL majority in the Minnesota House of Representatives.
- Developing and implementing all aspects of a Hmong community organizing program across target State House districts;
- Performing direct voter outreach and leading volunteer door knocks, phone calls, and other events;
- Recruiting and managing a team of volunteers and interns, including daily feedback, weekly check-ins and routine training;
- Working with candidates and campaigns to meet deadlines and achieve field goals;
- Maintaining relationships with all partner organizations on the ground with house leadership;
- Establishing clear lines of communication between volunteer leaders, candidates, caucus staff, and campaign field staff throughout the election cycle;
- Assisting campaigns and staff in meeting field objectives
- Any other campaign-related tasks, as needed.
- Fluency in written and spoken Hmong
- A commitment to electing DFLers to state government;
- An interest in developing relevant experience on political campaigns;
- Strong time-management skills and work ethic;
- Ability to motivate and empower volunteers to reach goals;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to canvass voters on the phone and knocking on doors;
- Ability to exercise superb judgment and political savvy.
- Willingness to move to the district strongly preferred.
- Must possess a laptop and a valid driver’s license along with reliable access to a car.
- House DFL staff are expected to be team players with an outstanding work ethic.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience with a competitive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume, three (3) references, and a one-page cover letter on why it’s important to protect and expand the MN House DFL majority to Adam Kopel at [email protected] with subject line “Hmong Community Organizer”.
The Minnesota House DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The House DFL is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or disability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.