Minnesota House DFL Candidate Services Director
Full Time Election Cycle
Description overview: The Minnesota House DFL is seeking a committed, experienced individual to assist candidates and incumbent legislators running for the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2022.
Job responsibilities include:
- Serving as the point of contact for the DFL House for candidates and campaign teams
- Advising Minnesota House candidates to help them run top-notch fundraising, communications, and overall campaign operations
- Teaching new candidates how to effectively set up their campaign operations and announce their candidacies
- Advising candidates and campaign managers on how to recruit, train, and manage effective campaign teams. Collaborating with candidates and campaign teams to develop a campaign specific path to victory, including district-specific field, fundraising, and communications goals and benchmarks
- Establish a culture of accountability with candidates and our campaign to ensure effective execution of individual campaign plans
- Connecting DFL House candidates and campaigns with campaign resources and advising on coordination with partner organizations
- Overseeing the DFL House fundraising partnership with existing safe seat DFL members
- Hiring, training, and managing a small team of candidate services organizers to assist campaigns with the aforementioned responsibilities
- The Candidate Services Director will report to the Campaign Director.
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will have at least two cycles of legislative campaign experience. Candidate will also have an ability to demonstrate superb judgement and political savvy. House DFL staff are expected to be team players with an outstanding work ethic and must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to Dylan@DFLHouse.com with subject line “House DFL Candidate Services Director” by January 3rd.
The Minnesota House DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The House DFL is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.