Minnesota House DFL Campaign Director
Full Time Election Cycle
The Minnesota House DFL is seeking a committed individual to grow the DFL (Democratic-Farmer-Labor) majority in the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2022 and beyond. The job of the Campaign Director will include working with House DFL Leadership on all aspects of strategic campaign planning, hiring and managing staff, communications, and fundraising.
Campaign Director job responsibilities include:
● Oversees all campaign operations for the Minnesota House DFL.
● Creates and manages a budget and plan for 2022.
● Hires and manages staff operations for both the candidate and independent expenditure side of the campaign.
● Represents the campaign at political meetings.
● Manages day to day campaign operations including correspondence with members, candidates, staff and the public as needed.
● Works with House DFL Leadership to implement a candidate recruitment plan.
● Works with House DFL Leadership to develop and implement new candidate orientation and ongoing member training including material creation, goal creation, and accountability systems.
Ideal candidate will have at least three cycles of campaign experience at a management level including experience managing robust paid communications and consultant teams. Candidates must be able to manage detailed campaign operations as well as demonstrate superb discretion and political savvy. House Caucus staff are expected to be team players with outstanding work ethic and must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references with subject line “House DFL Campaign Director” to Sean Rahn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due by Friday, October 15, 2021.
The Minnesota House DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The Minnesota House DFL is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion,
age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.