Minnesota DFL House Caucus: Canvasser
Full Time Election Cycle
The Minnesota House DFL is hiring Canvassers for the 2020 cycle to work with candidates and incumbent legislators running for the Minnesota House of Representatives. Canvassers will report to the Canvass Director. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated and passionate about protecting and expanding our House DFL majority.
This will be a remote position while social distancing restrictions are in place.
● Phone canvassing to identify and persuade voters.
● The ability to stay on task and meet high goals while working remotely.
● Keep accurate records of conversations with voters.
● Working as part of an outreach team to share and incorporate best practices.
● Bring issues to the attention of the Canvass Director.
● Always representing candidates and DFL values in a positive and earnest manner.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Commitment to DFL values and highly motivated to elect DFL State House candidates.
● Strong time-management skills and work ethic.
● Ability to be self-motivated and diligent in reaching goals.
● Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Ability to exercise superb judgment and political savvy.
● Must possess a computer with reliable internet access and a phone to call from.
● House DFL staff are expected to be team players with an outstanding work ethic.
Compensation: This is a part-time position. Compensation is $20/hour with a minimum time requirement of at least 20 hours per week.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and three (3) references to Adam Kopel at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “House DFL Canvasser”. The Minnesota House DFL is an equal opportunity employer. The House DFL is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or disability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.