Graphic Design Internship
Part Time Election Cycle
Salary: $15/hour, 10-15 hours per week.
How to apply: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please send a resume, one reference, and a brief portfolio of your work to Candidate Services Director Bri Sharkey-Smith ([email protected]), with “Graphic Design Intern” as the subject line.
Roles and responsibilities:
The Senate DFL Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for supporting the caucus’s program in targeted Senate Districts, supporting the endorsed DFL Senate candidate and DFLers up and down the ballot, including:
- Designing campaign logos;
- Creating graphics for social media posts and/or campaign correspondence to constituents;
- Creating campaign brand kits;
- Coordinating closely with the Candidate Services team to design candidate-facing materials and resources;
- Communicating with relevant campaign and caucus staff on design projects;
- And other tasks as assigned by the Minnesota DFL.
The ideal candidate for this role is a flexible, organized graphic designer with excellent interpersonal communication skills and a passion for DFL values. They should have excellent time management skills, an eye for detail, and a knack for collaborating. They will have experience with graphic design programs such as Canva, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign.
The Minnesota Senate DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The Minnesota Senate DFL is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.