The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party is hiring a full-time GOTV Director for the 2022 cycle. This is a mid level position for those interested in a campaign position. The GOTV Director will report directly to the Deputy Coordinated Campaign Director. The position will be based in St. Paul, MN.
- Collaborate across departments and with electoral partners to design and implement a statewide GOTV program to elect Democrats up and down the ticket in November.
- Build and maintain interdepartmental systems and structures needed for a strong GOTV.
- Work to facilitate effective communication and collaboration with coordinated campaign departments as well as stakeholders, partner organizations, and campaigns to maximize volunteer recruitment and voter contact.
- Oversee GOTV planning and preparation, including turf cutting, supplies distribution, action centers, staffing structure, and boiler room logistics.
- Coordinate the DFL early voting efforts for party and partner staff.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- At least two cycles of statewide campaign organizing experience, including at least one cycle of managing staff, is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience and ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Proficiency in VoteBuilder (VAN), Google Docs, and Excel
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- Commitment to electing Minnesota Democrats up and down the ballot.
Preferred but not required:
- Minnesota experience or ties to the state
- Experience designing and delivering in-person and virtual trainings for staff and volunteers.
Compensation: Salary: $7,000 a month. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
To Apply: Send a one-page cover letter and resume to Enid Swaggert, at [email protected] with the email subject line “GOTV Director”
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian