Coordinated Field Organizers
The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party is hiring full-time Coordinated Campaign Field Organizers for the 2022 cycle. This is an entry level position for those interested in a field position. Field Organizers will report directly to their Regional Field Director. Positions will be based in field offices throughout the state.
- Plan, lead and execute grassroots field activities for volunteers such as phone banks and canvasses (door knocks).
- Recruit, train, manage, and support a team of volunteers.
- Serve as the local representative for the DFL within the community you are assigned.
- Help grow the local volunteer infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, Coordinated Campaign leadership, Executive Director, or Chair
- Meet or exceed metric based goals for volunteer recruitment & retention as well as mobilizing Democrats.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to electing DFL candidates up and down the ballot.
- Ability to work both diligently and independently as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work long or irregular hours.
- Support the DFL’s goal to elect more Democrats up and down the ticket, including re-electing our constitutional officers, maintaining a majority in the Minnesota House, winning back a majority in the Minnesota Senate, and sending more Democrats to Congress.
Preferred but not required:
- Minnesota experience or ties to the state.
- Experience volunteering on an electoral campaign.
Compensation: This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement between the Minnesota DFL Party and IBEW Local 292. Compensation is a $15 base hourly rate with overtime at 1.5 times the hourly rate above 40 hours in a week. Equivalent salary is $4,373.96/month for a 55 hour work week. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
To Apply: Send a one-page cover letter and resume to Britta Moen, at [email protected] with the email subject line “Field Organizer”
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
COVID Addendum: While many meetings and events can still happen virtually or over the phone, organizers will be expected to work in-person, and with safety precautions in place, at events in the community. This means that the prospective staff will need to live in the turf that they are applying for or be willing to relocate.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian