The Minnesota DFL is hiring full-time Field Organizers to work on behalf of state and local candidates, with a strong focus on re-electing Attorney General Keith Ellison. Field Organizers will work under the Organizing Director and be placed in a designated legislative district (turf) in order to maximize voter support and engagement in the district.
Compensation: $4,062.50/month for a 55 hour work week. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and FTEs receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
Terms of Employment: This is a temporary, Full-Time position extending through the election on November 8, 2022. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Implement the campaign’s direct voter contact program to increase and turn out support for Keith Ellison and other Democrats in 2022.
- Plan, lead and execute grassroots field activities for volunteers such as phone banks and canvasses (door knocks).
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers within your assigned turf.
- Must be able to hit metric goals on a weekly basis through making calls to potential volunteers.
- Work with other Field Organizers, candidates, campaign staff, organizing units, and organizations from across the state.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Organizing Director or Campaign Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals.
- Strong communication skills, both in person and via computer/phone.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a high pressure environment.
- Dedication to progressive social change through electoral political organizing.
- Sees diversity as an asset, and equity and inclusion are core values.
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Access to a reliable vehicle. Travel will be required.
- Ability to work remotely with access to the internet, and work long or irregular hours.
Preferred but not Required:
- Prior electoral organizing, community organizing, or volunteer recruitment and management experience preferred (paid, volunteer, or internship).
- Knowledge and experience using Votebuilder (VAN)
- Experience overseeing or supervising volunteers or employees
- Fluency in Spanish, Somali, or Hmong is appreciated.
To Apply: Please email a resume to Brayden Sorenson at [email protected] with the subject line “ Field Organizer Application.” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and applicants should apply ASAP.
The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and members of other traditionally underrepresented and marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Addendum: While many meetings and events can still happen virtually or over the phone, organizers will be expected to work in-person, and with safety precautions in place, at events in the community.