Fall Fellowship Program
The DFL is hiring student fellows to work on behalf of state and local candidates this election cycle, with a strong focus on the Governor’s race. This is a regional-level role that will work closely with local elected officials, DFL organizing units, DFL candidates and other partner organizations to empower, engage, and mobilize voters during the 2022 election campaign. Stipends will be available for college students of $15 an hour and our program is 20 hours a week.
Location: Minneapolis-St. Paul
Start date: Rolling Application
End date: Election Day! November 8, 2022
- These dates can be flexible depending on your schedule and availability.
Virtual or in-person: We would love for students who are able to come in person to come into our office in Minneapolis. This is however a statewide campaign and logistically it isn’t possible for everyone to commute in. For folks who are unable to commute to Minneapolis we have virtual ways to participate!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You will be a lead for your area when it comes to direct voter contact
- You will help amplify the DFL message via social media, events and recruitment
- You will help plan, find and execute campaign events
- You will conduct research and make digital content
- Support fundraising efforts by researching new donors and helping with fundraisers.
- You will learn how to use VAN – VoteBuilder – upon which all Democratic campaigns rely. You will help input data, etc.
- You will interact with voters (in a safe way) at events around the state and knock on doors in key precincts and phone bank with us
Interested candidates should send a resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Student Fellowship”. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and interested candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Minnesota DFL is an equal opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Deadline to Apply: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Accepted applicants will be sent details on the program, an official start date/time, and a memorandum about the Fellowship and working with the campaign!
Thank you! We’re excited to work with you!