The DFL is hiring an Engagement Director to work on behalf of state and local candidates this Election cycle, with a strong focus on the Governor’s race. This is a mid-level role that will work closely with the Walz-Flanagan campaign’s Political Director to help synthesize information, develop outreach plans, oversee constituency organizers, and execute events targeting communities of focus.
Location: Minneapolis-St. Paul
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Work closely with the Statewide Campaigns to execute constituency outreach plans
- Create a diverse coalition of supporters from communities throughout the state to Democrats across the ticket
- Manage constituency organizers to execute their specific community outreach plans
- Build partnerships and facilitate meetings with allied organizations and community leaders
- Filter and prioritize political scheduling requests
- Coordinate and work closely with political director to seek and secure political endorsements
- Maintain the political drive up to date and organized
- Create weekly reports to the political director
- Staff events throughout the state as needed
- 2+ cycles of campaign or related experience. Management experience is a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing racial justice and equity and working with BIPOC communities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work across lines of difference and build and maintain relationships with base communities
- Experience working in fast-paced environments, flexibility, and familiarity with campaign hours and pressures
- Detail oriented
- Access to a car
Compensation is $5,000-$7,000 month, commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Engagement Director”. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and interested candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL) Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian