Digital Content Manager
Full Time Election Cycle
The Minnesota DFL is hiring a Digital Content Manager to work on behalf of state and local candidates with a strong focus on re–electing Attorney General Keith Ellison. This position is flexible for full-time or part-time work, with a minimum of 25 hours per week preferred. This position is flexible for in-person or remote work.
Full-time: $4,000 – $4,500/mo, depending on experience
Part-time: $24/hr – $26/hr, depending on experience
Term of Employment: This is a temporary position available immediately and continuing through the November election on 11/8/2022.
- Write, edit, and proofread digital content
- Track rapid response opportunities and pitch appropriate content daily
- Working with the Communications team to develop strategy for and manage day-to-day workflow of digital programs, including but not limited to emails, social media, and website.
- Maintain and grow the Party’s following on social media, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, by creating compelling and on-message graphics, videos, and post copy across platforms.
- Foster online community by managing day-to-day platform interactions and assisting the organizing team with building like-minded campaign spaces online.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to complete digital fundraising and social copy quickly.
- Quick learner with an interest in digital platforms and social media.
- Knowledge of Canva and graphic creation (Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred)
- Passion for digital marketing, organizing, activism and or political campaign work.
- Sees diversity as an asset, and equity and inclusion are core values
- Cultural Competency – able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI and across lines of difference.
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work remotely with access to the internet, and work long or irregular hours.
- Previous campaign and/or organizing experience is excellent, but not required.
- An understanding of the Minnesota political landscape is a plus
To Apply: Please email a resume to Brayden Sorenson at [email protected] with the subject line “Digital Content Manager.” Position is available immediately.
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.