Deputy Political Director
Full Time Election Cycle
The Minnesota DFL is hiring a Deputy Political Director to work on behalf of state and local candidates with a strong focus on re–electing Attorney General Keith Ellison. The Deputy Political Director will work closely with AG Ellison, allies, and grasstops leaders to build political events that support direct voter contact on behalf of DFL candidates across the state.
$4,000 – $5,000/mo, depending on experience
Term of Employment:
This is a temporary position available immediately and continuing through the November election on 11/8/2022.
- Put together events, daily and weekly schedules, and briefing materials for the candidate(s)
- Communicate with candidate(s) about the schedule for the day
- Help execute events, including ensuring candidate(s) is/are properly staffed, that programs run on time, and that there is successful coordination with other team members.
- Capture quality video and photo content at events
- Plan and execute political outreach events
- Assist with logistical planning for ad shoots
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both in person and via computer/phone.
- Sees diversity as an asset, and equity and inclusion are core values
- Cultural Competency – able to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues, voters, and volunteers who identify as POCI and across lines of difference.
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Access to a reliable vehicle. Travel will be required.
- Ability to work remotely with access to the internet, and work long or irregular hours.
- Previous campaign and/or organizing experience is excellent, but not required.
- An understanding of the Minnesota political landscape is a plus
To Apply: Please email a resume to Brayden Sorenson at [email protected] with the subject line “Deputy Political Director.” Position is available immediately.
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.