Deputy Organizing Director
The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party is hiring two full-time Deputy Organizing Directors for the 2022 election cycle. This is a management level position with multiple support staff. This position reports to the Organizing Director and is based in Saint Paul.
- Work alongside the Organizing Director to implement the Field Plan and the everyday operations and success of the Organizing Program.
- Support and guide Regional Organizing Directors throughout the state to ensure their regions meet and exceed their goals and metrics.
- Hire, manage, and coach Organizing Staff
- Oversee the professional development of Organizing Staff
- Overseeing timely and accurate reporting and data management by the Regional Organizing Directors
- Serve as a representative for the DFL within local communities.
- Work closely with other departments in the Coordinated Campaign to meet and exceed metrics and implement collaborative projects
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, Coordinated Campaign leadership, Executive Director, or Chair.
- At least two cycles experience in electoral politics or advocacy.
- Experience managing staff
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals.
- Ability to work both diligently and independently as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work long or irregular hours.
- Proficiency in VoteBuilder (VAN), Google Docs, and Excel.
- Support the DFL’s goal to elect more Democrats up and down the ticket, including re-electing our constitutional officers, maintaining a majority in the Minnesota House, winning back a majority in the Minnesota Senate, and sending more Democrats to Congress.
Preferred but not required:
- Minnesota experience or ties to the state.
- Experience working on Minnesota politics.
- Experience working on a successful campaign.
COVID Addendum: While many meetings and events can still happen virtually or over the phone, organizers will be expected to work in-person, within reason and with safety precautions in place, at events in the community. This means that the prospective staff will need to live in the turf that they are applying for.
Compensation: The salary for this position is $6,000 per month. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
To Apply: Send a one-page cover letter and resume to Britta Moen, at [email protected] with the email subject line “Deputy Organizing Director”
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian