Deputy Finance Director
Full Time Election Cycle
The Minnesota DFL Party is now accepting applications for the following job. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, list of references, and a Voluntary Self-Identification form (Optional) by email with subject line “Deputy Finance Director” to:
Open Date: November 15, 2021
Application Deadline: December 6, 2021
Start Date: January 3, 2022
Title: Deputy Finance Director
Status: Full-time employment
Ideal candidates will possess strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills, in addition to understanding basic fundraising strategies. Familiarity with Minnesota politics is preferred but not required.
- Develop, plan, and execute grassroots fundraising events.
- Oversee the DFL webstore and promotion of merchandise through online advertising and email campaigns.
- Sort, process, and deposit daily mail-in contributions.
- Conduct accurate and timely donor follow up and acknowledgement.
- Manage monthly small-dollar recurring contribution program.
- Conduct research on current and potential contributors and prospect for new donors.
- Provide additional support to other departments in high-intensity moments.
- Manage our data entry process through NGP.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Finance Director, Executive Director, or DFL Chairman.
- Exemplary time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Familiarity with NGP and ActBlue.
- Excellent writing skills and computer skills, especially Excel and Google Spreadsheets
- 1-2 cycles of campaign experience (finance or otherwise)
- Willingness to work irregular hours especially close to the election
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, with initial salary band of $40,000-$55,000. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
- African American
- Asian/Pacific American
- Hispanic or Latino
- Native American
- Person with Disability
- White or Caucasian