Promoting The American Families Plan
The American Families Plan addresses four of the biggest challenges facing American families, it’s an investment in 1) affordable child care 2) access to a good education 3) paid family and medical leave and 4) summer nutrition programs. When families are strong, America is strong. President Joe Biden’s American Families Plan is a once-in-a-generation investment that will help families across America thrive. Help us spread the word!
Sample Social Media Posts
– President Joe Biden’s American Families Plan will ensure working families can:
😷Take time they need to care for their families
📚Afford a good education
🧃Access affordable childcare
– Education, health care, and child care. The American Families Plan would make once-in-a-generation investments in the foundations of middle-class prosperity.
– Raising a family in America should not be so challenging. That’s why President Biden’s American Families Plan lowers the cost of child care and higher education and invests in paid family leave.
– President Joe Biden’s American Families Plan is a once-in-a-generation investment in our families that makes life easier for families by providing:
✅12 weeks of paid family and medical leave
✅2 years of free community college
✅Access to quality, affordable childcare
– President Biden’s American Families Plan adds another four years of free education for American children – 2 years of high-quality pre-k and 2 years of community college. Not only will this help children succeed, but it lowers the cost of child care and higher education.
– In the 21st century, it should be easier to break into and stay in the middle class. There’s never been a better — or more urgent — time to invest in our children and families. #AmericanFamiliesPlan
Graphics for Social Media
Click an imagine below to enlarge it, then right click to download it.
The American Families Plan at Work
QUALITY, AFFORDABLE CHILDCARE
Child care should be accessible to every parent in the United States. That’s why the American Families Plan will create sustainable programs to ensure that low- and middle-income families spend no more than 7% of their income on child care, and that the child care is high-quality and affordable. The high cost of child care continues to make it hard for parents – especially women — to work outside the home and provide for their families… It’s time to invest in school and child care infrastructure and workforce development.
Preschool is important to ensure that children start kindergarten with the skills they need to set them up for success in school. That’s why President Biden’s plan would invest $200 billion for free universal preschool for all three- and four-year-olds — that’s low student-to-teacher ratios, quality curriculum, and inclusive classroom environments. When fully implemented, the American Families Plan will benefit 5 million children and save the average family $13,000.
PAID FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE
Millions of Americans can’t get paid time off if they’re seriously ill which is why we need to create a national comprehensive paid family and medical leave program to support working families and the economy as a whole. The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need to help working Americans seek preventative care for them and their loved ones because no one should have to choose between their health or being able to put food on the table. The American Families Plan includes a critical investment in the resilience and equity of our economy with up to 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave such as getting a flu shot, recovering from short-term illness, or caring for a sick child or family member or a family member with disability-related needs.
SUMMER MEAL PROGRAMS
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the issue of nutrition insecurity, which disproportionately affects low-income families and families of color. We must ensure that every American family can feed their children healthy and nutritious food to prevent long-lasting negative impact on overall health that puts children at a higher risk for diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure. President Biden’s plan invests in expanding healthy school meals, summer EBT to all eligible children, and healthy food incentives.
2 YEARS OF FREE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
The American Families Plan will make a transformational investment in postsecondary education so that all Americans (and DREAMers!) have access to grow, learn, and gain the skills they need to succeed. President Joe Biden’s plan will provide Americans with two years of free community college to boost earning and expand employment opportunities.